Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change For The Better

Starting to feel patriotic now...



This is just a quick sketch with my Wacom and this illustrates how I felt on that day. Even though I'm living here in Australia, I was born in the US, which makes me American. And right now for a long time, I feel proud to be one.

This election was very important, not just for USA, but for the entire world. Through the past years, we and America have been threading on muddy waters and we needed to do something about it. Americans are now smart enough to realize that they need to change. To actually take risk and endure what is up ahead. That they cannot rely on the same old ideas. Obama is the one they need. I'm so excited that Obama is now the new and the first Black President in US history, how symbolic is that?!

I would like to thank anyone who have supported Obama at the start of the race. For those who supported the opposition, don't feel bad. McCain isn't bad, in fact he's really good as he actually protested against Bush. Its just bad timing. The Republicans already had a bad name to itself, economy has gone bad and McCain is just too old. Plus Palin kinda didn't look convincing.

Who woulda thunk? We would have a black president someday. I'm Asian and this means alot to me. What I have witnessed is something revolutionary, a start of something new. Something that we have been hoping for a long time. And I hope he does a heck of a job!

Fun trivia: Barrack Obama was born in Hawaii, I was born in Hawaii!!! How awesome is that?!

No comments: