Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pixar's Next Movie, UP

I have been following Pixar ever since I was a child and it was a big milestone when they made WALL-E, a huge challenge for them to tell a story in the field of "silent movies". This idea of making a movie about a Charlie-Chaplin robot was very new and it delivered in any form of poetry, beauty and magic. There is really something about Pixar that you can't put your hands on. They already have a reputation in giving people wonderful and imaginative stories and it seems they haven't run out on that magic they possess. Surely any animation studio like Dreamworks can give audience what they want, Pixar can give the audience something different.



Already when I finished watching the new trailer for the new Pixar film "UP", I can sense another grand adventure brewing. How could you not be excited on taking a ride on a two-storey house carried by millions of helium-fueled balloons into the sky? That is the basic premise of this new film. Along for the ride is a grouchy old man named Carl and a boy scout, Russell who are traveling to a lost world, meet unexpected villains and confront terrifying creatures within the heart of the dark jungles. Now I'm sold right there. I'm still marvel by the beauty of WALL-E and now Pixar gave me something to look forward to next year.

Go and check out the trailer!

No comments: