Friday, October 17, 2008

Time For Politics

Yeah, I'm not really keen in politics. If there's one thing I don't talk about in anything, its politics. However as I'm growing up, I'll soon have to realize that the state of government will eventually influence me, my way of living and even our future. Yeah, I don't like to sound like a downright serious preacher, but you'll see when you kids grow up. And you know.... this is probably the first grown-up blog entry I have written in my life.

But thing is I'm not talking about my country's government. You have probably known about the American election for presidency between Barrack Obama and John McCain. Why would I care about the state from another country than mine, here in Australia? Well for one thing, I was born in Hawaii and that makes me American and I have every right to care for the US. More importantly, the United States of America is probably the centerpiece of the entire world. No matter if they love or hate them, every country cares about the US. You can say that America represents everything: freedom, opportunity, unity, love, hate, tyranny, spoiled, powerful. As much as other countries are very powerful and influential, it really matters what America decides and contributes to the entire world. And right now, nothing is more important than the Election between Barrack Obama and John McCain as the decision affects the entire future.

Some of these stuffs I'm talking about may not matter to you yet because the majority of you are probably very young and live in another country. But its best to at least have knowledge about the surrounding of current events and even politics because in the end, you have to know whats best for your future. You'll have to admit George W. Bush did not do a good job as being the Leader of the most powerful nation in the world. People have made of him as being incompetent and idiotic. Yeah for Bill Clinton, he has the humiliation of being labeled as a sex pig, but as least he's not a moron. People call George W. Bush an idiot because he is an idiot. He really did made bad decisions especially with the War in Iraq for what purpose. If by "weapons of mass destruction", you mean "oil". If you suggested that Afghanistan was suspect of plotting 9/11, why attack Iraq? I know Saddam Hussein is evil in Iraq and I know you executed him, but have you found Osama Bin Laden yet, the person who actually plotted 9/11? If you have listen to Al Gore, you know about the dangers of Climate Change. So why are you still going after oil? Lastly Bush can't bring himself to be a strong and confident leader and always look like he doesn't know what he's doing. In the end, its the American people who voted for George W. Bush for both first and second term, which is in a way their fault. You let the idiot run the White House for eight years and managed to f*ck up your country.

In a way, this election is very important. And it is clearly obvious who the best decision is. And no, its not McCain and Palin. As much as McCain has great experience in running the White House, his plan is the same plan George W. Bush employed in his run as President. You can compare McCain and Obama as one of them is dusty old vinyl record with a brand spanking new vinyl record. Aren't these same old ideas are the ones that got America and probably the whole world in a pickle? Ever since Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention, I believe he's the man for the job. I believe we need change and I believe every word he has said. Not that I have no respect for McCain, he looks like a nice guy. And Palin may be a sweet old woman. But they, to me, are not convincing enough to be strong and influential leaders. Already it is not a good sign that anyone can make fun of them because of their traits, ideas and their past. McCain is old as dust and Palin is a moose-killer. I can see people making fun of Obama, but its very rare. And what an ideal kind of president to have for America. Obama could be the first Black President of the United State and he's half Muslim. Thats symbolism of unity and prosperity for you.

I may be wrong and the choice for President may be a kick in my butt, but I know who I want for President of the USA. Don't we all wonder what it would be like if Gore was President? Even though Gore didn't make it as President, he managed to scare the pants off me with his pie charts and his news on Global Warming. His film, An Inconvenient Truth really made people think on how we look after our planet and got everyone starting to take drastic actions. That's more than what President George W. Bush has done. I really hope for the very best of America because as much as I'm home in Australia, my birthplace is America and we all wish for a better future.

So in one sentence: Barrack Obama for President...


No comments: