Monday, September 14, 2009

Trailer Reaction - Twilight: New Moon



Everyone knows I hate Twilight. I can tell you many good and rightful reasons why I think Twilight is just crap. And its normal for me and every other guys to hate the series. Yet it made money and its perfect logic by the studio to do a sequel. Girls somehow love the whole girly metrosexual teeny-bop romance that happens to have "vampires" in it. Well hey, I REALLY REALLY hope the Twilight series does a Harry Potter. First Harry Potter story was kiddie and it gets progressively better and darker. So in what right mind made me want to see the new trailer of Twilight: New Moon? I'm a dude!

So far, everything is a scatter. From the story elements to the locations, spaning from greyish Arizona America to sunny Italy. The story from the first movie was a total bore with a boring location, so the series decided to bring up a SUPREME HIGH ORDER... of VAMPIRES! Wow that came out of nowhere. If it was mentioned in the first movie, it could flow right in just as well. Glitter Eddie decides to break up with Bella for her safety, so she goes Emo Peter Parker and decides to be a REBEL!.... Yeah! That arc just goes away quickly with the new romance of Bella and Poodle Werewolf Jacob. And now we see more of shirtless Jacob. Nice marketing technique, guys... way to get girls come running towards to this movie. Hey why not have a entire werewolf clan shirtless too? I wouldn't be surprised if there were chipendale dancers. Action scenes are just average, nothing eye-catching. Many slo-mo shots, trying too hard to capture emotions. And not one shot where vampires sports their fangs or even suck blood. And REALLY? Do vampires have an Indian parade out in the sun?!

Girls will be seeing this no doubt, but for me, I'll be steering clear. There's nothing interesting about this movie I look forward to for me. Maybe wait till I rent it. Or if my girlfriend drags me to see this. God help me!

Watch the trailer below

No comments: