Friday, October 15, 2010

Great Black Swan Posters

Its not a movie review or a long blog post, but these came to my attention especially I'm so looking forward to Darren Aronofsky's next art film, Black Swan. And if you haven't guessed it yet, it is a movie about ballerinas. Thats right, ballerinas! How could a straight-up guy like me take interest in a movie about ballerinas? Only a genius who brought you Requiem For A Dream and The Wrestler can make me that.

Along the way, the film brought us some brilliant classic posters. And I do mean "classic", as these designs and graphic really hawks back to the operatic ballet posters you see in front of an opera house. The use of abstract shapes and simplistic design does shout out elegance and epicness. Especially the typography gives a sense you are about to see a grand scale ballet play other than a film. Check these out, my favorite is the second one.





And if you really want to know what the movie is about, check out the trailer. It is just freaky.


No comments: