Monday, April 27, 2009

Principle Shooting Over, Time For Editing

It has been a hectic 5 days of shooting, but its finally over! What came from those days of shooting were probably one of the most fun and most hardest days I ever have to come to face. Do I hate the fact that filmmaking is hard? No. I actually love that the field of filmmaking is so freakin hard and it is the test of my psychological and personal qualities. If there is one aspect of the field of filmmaking that I'm proud seeing, it is the problem-solving aspect. If Mathematics have number and equation problems, filmmaking has problems dealing with locations, crew and cast, weather and etc. And as a director, you'll have to step up to the light and lead your crew into the next phase of action. That is my challenge. That is my puzzle. And that is what filmmaking is about.

During my production, I do admit my entire cast and crew didn't come out of there feeling 100% friendly to each other. Some can be avoidable or maybe it isn't. It has so much pressure and yes it is freakin hard. But the one thing that made me realize that I love to make films is that I ended up loving the entire filmmamking process even more. I mean who doesn't want to tell their own story and share it with everyone. Who doesn't want to create a piece of art? We aspire to aspire people through doing something unique and talented. And I found that I still love filmmaking after 5 God-forsaken highly pressured emotional ridden very intense and stressed out days.

Now with that over, its now time for editing, which is my favorite part of filmmaking. Because once you finished creating your own puzzle pieces, its time to piece them together yourself.


No comments: