Monday, February 16, 2009

My Top Ten: Favorite "Hardly Working" Sketch... so far...

Its that time of the month where I give my Top Ten on ANYTHING!

I'm all three geeks in one. I'm a movie geek, a video-game geek and an Internet geek. And if you are an Internet geek like me, you would probably know about CollegeHumor.com, the popular website that has already spawned their very own show on MTV. I would never knew they would achieve that kind of popularity and success and I really want to congratulate them on that. CollegeHumor created so many great and funny sketches throughout the years, but my most favorite batch are the "Hardly Working" sketches, where the real writers and crew of CollegeHumor perform a short funny episode based on whatever. The "Hardly Working" sketches became the staple of the The CollegeHumor Show, features fictional version of the characters based on the writers and crew and the writing and gags in each episode are soo clever and funny. There are many of them, so I'm gonna bring you my favorite "Hardly Working" sketches so far in Top Ten form!

10.
"GALE BEGGY"
It may seem like a "retarded" gag at first, but the throwoff or the punchline is at the end and it is genius.



9.
"ACE VENTURA"
Don't you just hate it when people do this?!



8.
"BLOOPER REEL"
Kinda wish I have a blooper reel of my own..



7.
"FLIRTING"
What I love about this is the sense of wackiness and over-exaggeration.



6.
"THE NOTE"
The great thing about this sketch is the use of over-dramatization and melodrama for this sketch. This is one of the great things about these performers.



5.
"JEFF GOES CHRISTIAN BALE"
Not to diss on the man, Christian Bale, but this guy Jeff does a near spot-on impression of the infamous recording.




4.
"SUPERHEROES"
I just love the use of cameraworks and the names for each person.




3.
"PARENTS GAME"
This is pretty sadistic, but thats what I love about this sketch!




2.
"60'S DAY"
Don't let the title fool you!




1.
"BUG"
I would say this has to be my most favorite "Hardly Working" sketch to date. Mostly its got everything: simplicity, melodrama and a little wittiness.



Check out these "Hardly Working" sketches or find more on
CollegeHumor.com
or on Youtube

No comments: